Current market conditions it is more important than ever for potential purchasers to understand the risks and costs of a sponsoring your pension, post-retirement medical and other benefit plans.
Our actuaries and pension strategy consultants will work with you to make sure that you understand the size and risk of your employee benefit plans and the options to manage these risks in future.
Our sale-side transaction services include:
Pensions - Vendor due diligence
How can we help?
Our focus of work can be tailored to best suit your key priority areas and can, for example, include due diligence covering:
- the nature of the your pension plans and the proposed treatment of the plans in the transaction;
- the financial and actuarial implications of the your pension and employee benefit plans on the transaction;
- the pensions items in the your financial projections (including any normalisation adjustments);
- the strategic risks to a potential purchaser arising from the pension and employee benefits plans’ investment strategy;
- the powers, role and potential position of the pension trustees and the UK Pensions Regulator in relation to the proposed transaction; and
- the anticipated impact of complying with the 2012 Employer duties.
Pensions - Vendor assist
How can we help?
Our actuaries and pension strategy consultants can work alongside company management to:
- analyse the options for the pension plans as part of the transaction and the likely impact of these options;
- set up a new plan or transferring liabilities to an existing plan, as required;
- explore risk and cost reduction opportunities prior to the transaction; and
- develop a pension scheme trustee communication plan.
Back to top