English / 日本語
Deloitte's Japanese Human Capital team provides employment tax and human capital advisory services to Japanese companies operating in the UK and Europe. In addition to expatriate tax compliance and consulting services, we also work together with our clients to define their global human capital needs and challenges. Our experienced Japanese and bilingual teams work alongside subject matter experts from across Deloitte to offer valuable, high quality and creative solutions to these challenges.
Issues and trends
- Focus on human capital
Focus on Human Capital challenges is a key to success for Japanese companies in the European market.
- Governance, compliance, risk
With the increasingly complex regulatory environment in the UK, developing guidelines and approaches for governance, compliance and risk mitigation is an important component of the HR strategy.
- Total reward
Compensation and reward are not only costs needing to be controlled, but also investments to be managed. Developing a competitive compensation and reward structure has a significant effect on workforce motivation and performance.
- Talent management
As critical talent becomes increasingly scarce, Japanese companies will need to become more effective at hiring, developing, deploying, compensating and retaining qualified people.
Tax & Social Security compliance and consulting services
We help our Japanese clients to meet their compliance obligations relating to expatriate taxation and social security and minimise the global mobility employment costs and risks:
- UK income tax returns preparation and filing
- Benefit reporting P11D and P11D(b)
- UK arrival and departure tax briefings
- Payroll & Modified PAYE operation
- Short term business visitors compliance
- Stock options reporting
- Immigration services
- Regulation changes impact and mitigation strategies
- Assignment planning
- High net worth individuals
- Cost saving strategies
- Risk management
- Negotiation and agreements with HMRC
- Tax investigations and inquiries into individual tax returns
Human Capital Consulting
Our team, which liaises with subject matter experts from across Deloitte, works closely with our Japanese clients to address their global human capital needs and challenges. Our services include:
- Corporate pension deficit mitigation advisory
- Global mobility strategies
- Policy design
- Compensation benchmarking and design of total reward systems
- Role profiles and design of performance management systems
- HR due diligence and post-merger integration strategies
- Cross cultural training
- People cost reduction and employment law advisory
- Talent development, motivation, retention and succession planning
- Facilitation of leadership and high performing teams
If you would like to discuss any of the above issues, please contact our group partner, Jun Yamaguchi.