English / 日本語
At Deloitte, our Japanese Services Group has extensive experience in advising large multinational Japanese companies operating in Europe. Examples of advice provided to our clients include:
- Historic claims to recover input VAT.
- Negotiations of historic VAT registrations to minimise late registration penalties.
- AEO accreditation including comprehensive review of supply chains of multinational businesses.
- Advice in relation to properties situated throughout Europe including contractual advice, options to tax available to businesses and co-ordination with Corporate Tax analysis.
- Compliance reviews to minimise any potential exposure leading to interest and/or penalty levies and to maximise the recovery of input VAT.
- Advice in respect of benefits of VAT grouping.
- Analysis of partial exemption methods available to businesses.
- Contractual advice regarding intercompany agreements.
- Advice on pan-European businesses restructuring issues, including transfer of going concern (“TOGC”) versus assets sales, cash flow analysis and double tax advice.
- ‘Missing Trader Intra-Community’ (“MTIC”) rules analysis and risk assessment of affected businesses.
- Advice on customs relief available to businesses in relation to the export and import of goods from / into the UK.
- Report on VAT efficient off-shoring and outsourcing solutions and advise on efficient organisational structuring.
- Advice on “e- and m-money” in various jurisdictions.
- Advice on establishment issues.
The above examples reflect the most common scenarios applicable to Japanese businesses with operations in Europe. If your particular area of concern or query is not listed, please contact us to find out how we can assist you.