Global Business Services: Better together
For more than two decades, organisations around the world have been using shared services and outsourcing to improve service delivery and reduce costs within defined parts of their businesses. Now leading organisations are taking the next step. Instead of operating numerous shared service centres and managing outsourcing vendors independently, they are implementing Global Business Services, providing integration of governance, locations and business practices to all shared services and outsourcing activities across the enterprise.
Our latest publication explores the benefits of Global Business Services beyond the traditional cost and operational benefits of shared services, such as alignment with growth, risk and talent strategies.
We also explore the essential characteristics and behaviours necessary to drive a performance improving Global Business Services organisation, as well as practical tips on implementation, including:
- Deciding how far to go with Global Business Services
- Establishing sponsorship at executive level
- Defining an effective leadership structure
- Choosing an organisation structure that promotes global integration
- Establishing ongoing process leadership
- Managing change