- Recruitment advertising revenues up a quarter in Q1 2014
Deloitte, the business advisory firm and the Association of Online Publishers (AOP) today revealed that digital advertising revenues from UK publishers recorded strong growth in the 12 months to March 2014.
- Call for entries for 2014 Deloitte UK Fast 50 awards
Entries have now opened for the 2014 Deloitte UK Technology Fast 50 awards. The awards, now in their 17th year, recognise and rank technology companies with an exceptional growth in turnover over the last five years.
- Deloitte comments on the launch of the 2014 FIFA World Cup
Austin Houlihan, senior consultant at Deloitte’s Sports Business Group said: “This Thursday (12th June) will see the kick-off of the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
- Streaming hasn’t killed the radio star: more people discover new bands on the radio than Spotify and iTunes combined
Listening to music on the radio is still popular with two-thirds of consumers listening at least once a day, according to Deloitte’s ‘The Digital Divide’ report.
- Deloitte comments on the public sale of Google Glass in the US
Simon Wakefield, Deloitte technology, media and telecommunications partner, comments on the launch of Google Glass for public sale in the US.
- The video games tax relief will provide a huge boost to the industry
The UK video games industry will be delighted to hear that the European Commission has today approved the long-awaited UK video games tax relief.
- Digital Publisher Advertising Revenues up nearly a fifth in 2013
Deloitte and the Association of Online Publishers (AOP) today revealed that UK publisher digital advertising revenues were up nearly one fifth (18%) in 2013 compared to 2012.
- Deloitte comments on the launch of prescription Google Glasses
Deloitte predicts that smart glasses, fitness bands and watches will sell about 10 million units in 2014, generating £2 billion.
- Deloitte comments on HM Revenue and Customs’ (HMRC) review of the tax treatment of Bitcoin
Many large businesses will be put off from accepting virtual currencies such as Bitcoins given the fringe nature of the industry and lack of transparency.
- Deloitte analyses top media trends for 2014
The technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) practice at Deloitte today announces its thirteenth predictions report for the media sector in 2014.