TV+ perspectives on television in words and numbers
Official Guide to the MediaGuardian Edinburgh International Television Festival 2011
TV+ is Deloitte’s fifth annual report on the current issues impacting the television sector. Deloitte has produced this report as part of its continuing support for the MediaGuardian Edinburgh International Television Festival. The in-depth research was based on interviews with senior industry executives and a detailed survey of the UK public, researched and produced by Deloitte and surveyed by GfK in June 2011.
In every generation, there is a super medium: the medium around which all others revolve. The super medium is the one which most powerfully drives content creation in other media sectors. TV currently does this.
In this year’s perspectives we look at several key aspects of television to address the question – Can television maintain its super medium status?
- Can television viewing per person continue to rise? (PDF)
- Can television survive the threat from the rise of social networks? ( (PDF)
- Is television disrupted or enhanced by technology? (PDF)
- How will TV advertising fare given the alternatives? (PDF)
- Can television enhance its direct impact on shopping? (PDF)