Lead Tax Partner
Marvin Rust was the Partner in charge of the Deloitte Global Hospitality Industry programme, the Lead Partner for Tax Services to the Travel, Tourism and Leisure Sector for nine years through to 2011. He had operational responsibility for Hotelbenchmark.com until its merger with the STR business in 2008. He has served as one of the Deloitte directors on the board of STR Global Limited. He is now focussed on serving clients in a number of capacities – Lead Partner, Advisory Partner or Tax Partner
Marvin has wide experience in the Tourism, Hospitality & Leisure transaction arena and has worked on many of the significant transactions in the hospitality industry in particular over recent years. His client base includes Intercontinental Hotels Group, Travelodge, Principal Hayley Hotels, De Vere Hotels, Macdonald Hotels and LRG as well as a number of the leading private property investors in THL sector assets.
- Financial restructurings of some of the largest hotel portfolios.
- Advice on the acquisition of one of the leading UK budget hotel operators by a private equity buyer.
- Advice on the sale and leaseback of the whole freehold property portfolio of a leading UK budget hotel operator.
- Advice on the sale of a UK roadside restaurant business.
- Advice on the sale of a leading UK budget hotel operator.
- Advice on the sale and leaseback of assets operated by a mid market UK hotel operator.
- Advice on the acquisition of theme park assets for a private property fund.
- Advice on the potential merger of two of the world’s global hotel groups. Marvin led the tax due diligence for one of the merger parties.
- Dispositions of pan European hotel assets for a UK publicly quoted hotel group.
- Numerous single asset acquisitions and disposals both in the UK and Europe.
- Structured finance solutions for the hotel industry, including sale and leasebacks, sale and managebacks and the establishment of hotel opportunity funds and conversion to UK REIT status.
- Numerous financial restructurings including debt for equity swaps, CVA’s and administrations as well as general restructurings.