Expert witness services
Our expert witness services can be effective at different stages of any dispute. We can provide you with behind the scenes advice in the preliminary stages of a dispute. If disputes continue into arbitration/litigation, our team is experienced in providing expert witness services in arbitration hearings or in a court of law and expert determinations of the highest quality.
In respect of sports business matters, clients choose Deloitte because:
- we appoint a genuine expert and experienced team with the right balance of skills (industry, technical and function), with experience and credibility for sports business matters;
- we have a successful track record of working with law firms and clients on litigation and disputes in the sporting context, both in the UK and internationally;
- our sports industry experience means our expert witness arguments often help our clients to negotiate early settlements; and
- we take great pride in our leading reputation for producing extremely robust reports of outstanding integrity and quality. The culture of the Deloitte practice focuses first and foremost on quality, at the same time as delivering cost-effective solutions for our clients.
The Deloitte Annual Review of Football Finance has been used as agreed evidence in Court. Examples include:
- The Bosman decision from the European Court of Justice, December 1995
- Sir Alan Sugar libel trial -v- Daily Mail; February 2001
- Benjamin Collett –v- Gary Smith & Middlesbrough Football & Athletics Company (1986) Ltd; August 2008