We have deep experience of the specificity of sport and the practical development and application of rules across a variety of different sports. Our unique combination of sports business experience, financial expertise and regulatory knowledge enables us to provide robust advice about the development and implementation of sports governance matters to both UK and international organisations.
Some examples of sports governance matters we have worked on include:
- licensing systems for sporting competitions;
- cost control mechanisms;
- transparency measures and anti-money laundering;
- events and/or membership application and selection processes;
- sporting calendar matters (national and international);
- regulations in respect of players’ agents;
- measures to protect the integrity of the competition;
- independence of clubs - ownership rules and other means of influence;
- player transfer rules; and
- ‘football creditors’ rules.
We have also successfully provided dispute resolution services in respect of sporting disputes and Sports regulatory matters.