Benchmarking can provide key information on the relative performance of your business, in the context of both market developments and the performance of your peers and competitors. Our intelligent interpretation can highlight areas of market leading performance and areas where attention may need to be focused in order for you to fulfill your potential and/or operate more effectively.
We have a wealth of experience of delivering tailored benchmarking projects in respect of various sports, both as stand alone information for clients and as part of broader strategic and advisory assignments. Areas covered include:
- financial performance – such as revenue streams, costs, profitability;
- match/event day revenues – such as attendances, ticket prices (general admission), corporate hospitality offerings and pricing;
- media rights – such as scope of rights packages and associated value;
- commercial revenues – such as sponsorship values, naming rights, merchandising;
- operating costs – such as staff costs, venue operating costs, hospitality and catering sales margins;
- sports venue capital investment;
- salary benchmarking – for individual senior management positions in sports organisations;
- sports club ownership structures; and
- corporate governance structures.