European funds bulletin: September 2010
This bulletin aims to highlight key tax issues which may be of importance to real estate funds and investors.
The September 2010 edition of the European funds bulletin for Real Estate funds includes news on:
- Stamp duty land tax anti-avoidance legislation
- Stamp duty land tax rate increase for residential property transactions
- New French transfer pricing documentation requirements
- Real estate VAT reform
- Guidance from French tax authorities on the conditions under which foreign real estate funds can claim exemption from French 3% tax
- New capital gains taxes on real estate: The “Grand Paris” and “Grenelle II” taxes
- Depreciation of buildings not constucted on own land
- Real estate transfer tax increase in several federal states
- The Netherlands: Competent authority agreement on transparent Dutch closed mutual funds
- Italy: Amendments to the investment funds tax provisions in Italy
If you would like to receive previous editions of the European funds bulletin, please email us.