One of the true differentiators of the Deloitte service to clients is the breadth of our advisory business. This has been expanded greatly through the integration of an established team of over 600 property advisors operating across the UK business. The immediate benefit when you are looking at where to open operations and wondering how to maximise the grant and incentive opportunity is that we can now, at the same time, feed in real estate advice detailing availability, where market cycles are and the prospects for a location. This can be front end commentary on what is going on in each market, where property costs sit in relation to multiple locations all the way through to actual acquisition advice and project management & fit out. All the way through the engagement adding value and enabling maximisation of property related savings such as reduced rent, business rates and enhance rent free inducements.
Core ‘relevant’ services available within the real estate genre include:
- Workplace Strategy
- Market Analysis
- Bespoke Property Research
- Planning & Development
- Project Management
- Cost Consultancy
- Business Rates
- Property Consolidation and Disposal
- Acquisition Services
- Property Management
In addition to this, our award winning corporate real estate team is able to assist with defining the real estate needs from the business. This ties into the areas of IT, facilities management and human capital as key areas for consideration in taking a real estate project forward.
We are the only full service business consultant able to provide complete in-house real estate expertise. Our integrated teams are able to operate as one for the benefit of our clients providing fully integrated advice and expertise to take a project from theory to reality.
Our team has the experience, knowledge and depth to be able to take on the most complex of projects. Our unique service breath enables us to offer clients either a one-stop-shop solution or the ability to cherry pick the Deloitte services required from some of the markets leading consultants.
How Deloitte can help
We are able to assist with real estate requirements in the following ways:
- Strategy development – What are the business needs moving forward and how does real estate need to adapt to meet these needs? What are the key drivers for the new facility / relocation (i.e. staff, geography, clients)?
- Market knowledge. We can provide intelligence covering multiple markets to include availability, pipeline, costs etc. This information can be critical to understanding the full rainbow of issues connected to a real estate change.
- Technical input. Our specialist teams in areas such as planning, development, tax, rating, and valuation can provide essential insight into issues that may be encountered and considerations required to implement a real estate project.
- Negotiation expertise. Advising clients and assisting with real estate negotiations whether for lease or purchase options. A properly managed, open market negotiation will deliver the best outcomes for a project . Our team is well known for its rigorous approach.
- Project management. Delivery of the actual real estate. Whether an office fit out or the construction of a new building on a green field site we have the track record and skills to deliver.
- Property management. Our team is able to help manage facilities once operational. This covers all areas from facilities management through to payment of rent