Occupier Advisory Lead Partner
Martin Laws has wide-ranging experience of major performance management and outsourcing assignments across all aspects of Corporates’ occupied real estate.
Martin also acts as the lead partner on our Occupier Advisory industry initiative, co-ordinating our real estate specialists across corporate finance, consulting, tax and assurance teams as they advise major corporate clients on optimising the performance of their operational property portfolios.
Martin’s consulting, and prior industry experience, covers the full corporate real estate "value chain", including defining property strategies, optimising the use, location and management of space, and assessing the cost and effectiveness of property and facilities solutions, including structured re-financing solutions. He also has extensive practical experience of implementing agreed recommendations for clients on a global basis.
Examples of typical Corporate Real Estate assignments have included:
- Leading an assignment to optimise the post-merger value and costs of a major UK life insurer substantial 6 million sq.ft. occupied portfolio.
- For a major UK telecoms company, providing operational consulting support to a record-breaking £2.3 bn transaction to outsource its UK operational portfolio, plus all related services, across over 7,500 buildings.
- Supporting the post-merger integration of the property portfolios and corporate real estate management and operations of two leading foreign retail banks.
- For a large European Government, leading an international consulting team to re-organise the state property function, to realign with international "best practice" to manage a portfolio of government properties approaching 100 million sq.ft..
- For a global information company, undertaking a review of their global property strategy and corporate real estate processes.
- For a global oil company, facilitating the design of an optimum structure and 'best practice' management model for their international property division, tasked with managing a global portfolio of over 40,000 assets.
- For a UK fund manager, supporting the creation of a SPV bidding for a multi-million pound PFI contract to take a major public property portfolio private.
- For a confidential global client, supporting a multi-national assignment to define a substantial property network rationalisation and market exit strategy.
Martin is a Chartered Engineer, with an MBA in International Business. He coordinates Deloitte’s EMEA Occupier Advisory Network (EOAN) and also represents Deloitte on the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) Property Group.
Contact Martin Laws.