Restructuring & Banking Lead Partner
Nigel Shilton leads our Real Estate Consulting team and is also the lead partner for our Real Estate Banking initiative which combines the experience of real estate specialists in our corporate finance, tax, audit and consulting service lines.
Nigel is a Chartered Surveyor and has over 20 years consulting and industry experience specialising in corporate restructuring, asset realisation strategy, assurance and capital programme management in the real estate and construction sectors. Many of Nigel’s assignments are pan-European and he has also worked on assignments in the US and Middle East.
Examples of Nigel’s typical assignments have included:
- For the Administrator and creditors, Nigel led a team that developed and implemented an asset realisation strategy for Targetfollow Property Holdings Ltd (In Administration) and Targetfollow Property Investment and Development Ltd (In Administration) where total borrowing was in excess of £500m.
- As part of a larger restructuring assignment for a UK bank, Nigel led a team undertaking development and construction reviews on a UK developer where total borrowing was in excess of £750m.
- As part of a larger restructuring assignment working with our Middle East firm, Nigel provided support to the Chief Restructuring Officer of Dubai World. Nigel led a team that reviewed and developed an asset realisation strategy for a wide range of global investment and development assets.
- For a global telecommunications company, establishing the total leasehold liabilities associated with its European and US operational real estate. Nigel subsequently worked with the client as it successfully filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the US.
- For a global mining company, undertaking a global capital programme review of a multi-billion dollar capital investment programme.
- For the Olympic Legacy Directorate Nigel led a team that established the programme management processes and controls for the £1.6bn legacy programme for the Olympic Park.
- For the Olympic Park Legacy Company, supporting an operational readiness programme to prepare the client for assuming full operational control of the Olympic Park in legacy.
Contact Nigel Shilton.