Real Estate Executive Report: January 2011
- Real Estate Executive Report: January 2011
- Register to download Real Estate Executive Report: January 2011
- Area: Real Estate
Whatever the industry, experience tells us that successful new ideas, or even old ideas revisited, can quickly become norms once market participation really starts to buy-in. The real estate sector is certain to emerge from the turmoil of the last three years by being more creative and innovative in the way investors use property. It is no longer an asset to be held and traded on the assumption that prices will continue to rise – owners have to be smart and make property work for them. The opportunities for innovation produced by the changing real estate landscape are the focus of this fifth edition of our Real Estate Executive Report.
This fifth edition comprises of five topical articles from our experts on key real estate issues & trends facing the industry.
- Real Estate and Deloitte – After 12 months which have seen a significant expansion in our Real Estate business, we interview our leadership and discuss our opportunities and challenges, as well as our vision for the Real Estate group and industry in general.
- UK commercial property market outlook – We discuss our expectations for the UK commercial property market for the next 18 months.
- REITs are back in town – We look at the potential for a continuing increase in the number of REITs and changes in the type of assets which they hold.
- Pensions, making your real estate work for you – The perennial pensions dilemma continues to persist; what should companies do with their defined benefit pensions schemes? We discuss new and innovative approaches to this issue.
- Property and local Government – With recent Government announcements of tightened public expenditure budgets over the coming four year period, we discuss how this is changing the way local authorities use their property portfolios.