UK Real Estate Predictions 2013
The evolving market
We produced our first Deloitte Real Estate predictions report last year. We are pleased to say that we called most things right – from further falls in value through to an improving London office market, a tough lending market and increasing challenges from the green agenda.
This year the Deloitte Real Estate Partners have again put their heads together to pick the trends that will shape the market in 2013.
Themes in this years report include:
- Another year of low economic growth; high quality assets will remain in demand;
- 2013 will see the bottom of the commercial property market as value is seen outside the central prime locations;
- Strong demand for property expected from a widening pool of overseas investors;
- Construction activity low but with bright spots such as the Higher Education sector; and
- The RE industry continues to evolve: Big Data, m-commerce, changes in office specification and the uncertain sustainability agenda will all impact the market.