- Budget 2013: Deloitte public sector partners comment on public spending
In response to today’s Budget, partners from Deloitte’s public sector practice comment on the impact on public finances, education and policing.
- Deloitte comment on funding for electric cars
Deloitte, the business advisory firm, comments on the £37m funding package announced by the Department for Transport for home and on-street charging for plug-in vehicles.
- New rules use government buying power against tax avoidance
The proposed new rules on tax compliance for those tendering for public contracts will allow, but not require, the Government to disqualify a provider if it has been engaged in aggressive avoidance.
- Deloitte comment on Local Government Finance Settlement for 2013/14
Phil Holt, local government advisory partner at Deloitte commented on the Local Government Finance Settlement for 2013/14.
- Deloitte comments on Police and Crime Commissioner elections
The hard work begins immediately for the newly-elected Police and Crime Commissioners. They will find themselves in charge of, and accountable for, a vital and visible public service.
- Deloitte response to Heseltine report local government proposals
Lord Heseltine’s report outlines a number of detailed and considered recommendations about the role of local and regional government. The economic potential of our provincial cities needs to be recognised and harnessed.
- Deloitte comments on today’s ‘No Stone Unturned in Pursuit of Growth’ report
Lord Heseltine’s report is comprehensive and proposes a radically different way of supporting economic growth to that which is currently exercised.
- Deloitte comments on unexpected Government revaluation announcement
Today, the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government (Brandon Lewis) announced that it was the Government’s intention to postpone the 2015 Rating Revaluation in England until 2017.
- Police and crime commissioners face “relentless” focus on finances
With one month to go until voters across England and Wales elect 41 Police and Crime Commissioners (PCCs), Deloitte, the business advisory firm, warns that newly-elected PCCs will face a “relentless” focus on financial management and cutting costs.
- Deloitte response to update on quango closures
Today’s update shows that while reducing the number of quangos is achievable, delivering on-going savings as a result is far more difficult.