- Deloitte GDP and public sector finances comments
“The recovery is looking better balanced and more sustainable with business investment, manufacturing and construction outpacing growth in the wider economy.”
- Deloitte - Public want more from online government services
Online government services are proving popular but more must be done to reassure the public about data security according to a survey by Deloitte and polling company YouGov.
- GDP and the Labour Market figures: Deloitte comments
Ian Stewart, Chief Economist at Deloitte comments on this morning’s figures from the ONS.
- Deloitte comments on local government finance settlement
Coming on the back of nearly 40% of cuts in the last two Spending Reviews, an extra 2.9% reduction in central funding may not sound much, but it heaps extra pressure on local authorities.
- Deloitte comments on government finance review
Commenting on the review of government financial management published today by the Chief Secretary to the Treasury, Gillian Russell, public sector finance partner and head of Deloitte’s public sector finance leaders programme, said.
- Autumn Statement 2013: Deloitte comments on measures to improve debt collection by government
Mike Turley, head of public sector at Deloitte, comments on proposals to improve the collection of debts owed to government, as outlined in today’s Autumn Statement
- Autumn Statement 2013: Deloitte comments on welfare cap
Welfare accounts for 29% of public spending each year and, in recent years, demand has continued to push this up.
- Autumn Statement 2013: Deloitte comments on public finances and public services
Mike Turley, head of public sector at Deloitte, comments on the impact of today’s Autumn Statement on public finances and public services.
- Autumn Statement 2013: Whiplash announcement should cut car insurance fraud
Whiplash has been one of the main factors behind increasing motor insurance claims. Ensuring that claims are assessed by independent medical panels should reduce fraud and potentially lead to a fall in premiums.
- Autumn Statement 2013: Deloitte comments on university cap removal
Universities have already expanded their intake in the past couple of years to take advantage of the removal of a cap in numbers on students who have attained ABB in A-levels.