New CIPFA/Deloitte tax partnership
Deloitte and CIPFA are delighted to announce a new partnership in respect of Tax. From 1 April, Deloitte will deliver the new CIPFA Tax Advisory Service. Deloitte will also be helping CIPFA subscribers to navigate the changing tax landscape, to provide commentary and analysis on developments in the sector and to engage with stakeholders across Government and the public sector on strategic tax issues.
The Tax Advisory Service
Through our partnership, we will offer:
- a comprehensive multi-tax helpline service, providing unlimited email/telephone access to central contacts, regional representatives and sub-sector specialists;
- an annual meeting with CIPFA and Deloitte to discuss the subscriber’s tax position;
- monthly tax webinars;
- access to a range of public sector focused publications, including:
- thought leadership pieces;
- tax news updates and commentary;
- budget alerts;
- access to joint forums/discussion groups; and
- a “one-stop shop” portal to manage the subscriber’s Tax Advisory Service content.
The annual fee for this multi- tax package is £3,000 per year.
The annual fee for a VAT-only package is £2,000 per year.
In addition, subscribers will be able to select from a range of additional services at discounted rates and which are relevant to member organisations’ specific circumstances. These will include:
- a suite of one-day training modules delivered on a regional basis, with modules covering basic awareness of different taxes, the taxation of other public and private sector bodies that subscribers may come into contact with through partnerships, pooling, cost sharing and outsourcing, as well as complex areas of taxation such as land and property;
- quarterly online webinars exclusively available to CIPFA members covering strategic or topical issues/opportunities; and
- toolkits for members to assess their performance in respect of different areas of tax compliance, supplemented by sector benchmarking analysis and opportunities to discuss process improvements.
Why choose the CIPFA/Deloitte Tax Advisory Service?
The CIPFA Tax Advisory Service helpline will be staffed by Deloitte’s team of 15 regionally based Local Authority tax specialists. They will also be supported by a wider group of subject matter experts in other areas of the public sector such as Social Housing, Education and Health. Our centralised telephone/email service will also be available so that we can respond promptly to queries. Deloitte’s tax client base within Local & Regional Government has trebled in the last two years, which we believe demonstrates our enthusiasm and our commitment to understanding the issues faced by the sector and in delivering practical and timely advice. It is this approach that has enabled our team to develop into one of the largest in the sector comprising a range of tax specialists with backgrounds in local government in-house tax, HMRC and public finance.
“We were extremely impressed by Deloitte’s vision for a renewed Tax Advisory Service. We firmly believe that they have the energy, enthusiasm and ideas to help our members navigate a path through the changing tax landscape that public sector reform will bring.
Their recent growth in the public sector, and in particular in local government, is a testament to their ideas, their clarity of thought and their ambitions for the sector. We are tremendously excited about the planned programme of events and the opportunity it will offer to engage our members and other interested parties on the tax issues that really matter.”
Stephen Freer, Chief Executive, CIPFA
During the next week we will issue a full service specification in respect of the Tax Advisory Service and a calendar of events scheduled to take place during the first quarter.
However, if you would like further information in the meantime, or wish to discuss your organisation’s specific requirements, please contact:
0118 322 2815
0207 007 2235