Renewable energy seminar - May 2008
Full power ahead?
We hosted our annual renewable energy seminar in the Deloitte Academy on Thursday 8 May 2008. During the seminar, Roman Webber, Head of our UK Renewable Energy Group, conducted a survey to gauge the views of delegates on a number of pertinent industry issues. The results of the survey, along with our commentary, are provided in our publication Full power ahead?
Speakers and presentation material
|Recent developments in the renewable energy sector (PDF 522 KB)|
|Joseph A. Stanislaw
Independent Senior Advisor, Deloitte & Touche US LLP
|Climate changes everything: The greening of the economy (Material N/A)|
Regional Director – Climate and Renewables, E.ON UK
|Developing E.ON's renewable energy business (PDF 864 KB)|
Partner - Economic Consulting, Deloitte
|European renewable energy regulation and incentive mechanisms (PDF 533 KB)|
The publication of the EU’s renewable energy targets poses some tough questions for governments and a number of choices for investors. Despite the different characteristics of individual country markets, it is clear that investors are looking at Europe as a whole when they are evaluating opportunities in this space. A number of questions are being asked by business and were addressed from the perspective of key players in the industry during the seminar.
- How long will Europe’s transition from ‘old’ to ‘new’ energy sources take?
- What is the impact of EU economic growth and global commodity prices on the pace of change?
- Which areas in Europe offer the best opportunities for renewable energy and why?
- What is the impact of the EU ETS and European renewable energy incentives on investments?
- How is the credit crunch impacting investment?
- How are companies managing their supply chain for renewable energy businesses?
- What influence are players such as infrastructure funds and European utilities having on the market?