Water UK City Conference 2010
Water UK’s City Conference, which took place on Thursday 25 February at Cavendish Conference Centre in London, is the foremost financial event for the water sector. This conference brought together industry leaders, regulators, government representatives, analysts, investors and City institutions. The programme this year focused on the financial stability and sustainability of the UK water industry beyond PR09.
Finding the right balance, (PDF, 132 KB) summarises the key issues discussed at Water UK’s 2010 City Conference, with additional Deloitte commentary. Discussion points included strengths and weaknesses of the current system, scope for innovation, building investor confidence, and flexible and responsive economic regulation.
- Robin Cohen, Partner – Economic Consulting, spoke on ‘Meeting future infrastructure needs'? (PDF, 88 KB)
- Doug King, Vice Chairman and Senior Partner in our Energy, Infrastructure and Utilities group, took part in the panel discussion ‘Keeping the sector financed long term’
Key speakers included:
- Regina Finn, Chief Executive, OFWAT
- Keith Harris, Director of Finance & Policy, Wessex Water
- Alan Sutherland, Chief Executive, Water Industry Commission for Scotland
- Mike McKeon, Finance Director, Severn Trent