UK retailing at the turning point
Your game plan for success
UK retailing is undergoing unprecedented economic and technological change, forcing retailers to re-evaluate their costs and operating models to ensure success in 2011 and beyond. This report addresses the causes of the structural change, the options different retailers face, and the range of critical actions that will deliver both the required margin and operational capability for growth.
Five actions for underpinning growth:
- Leadership challenge – thinking and acting differently
- Look outside – how are you doing?
- Systematic analysis – structured approaches to analysing cost and value
- Building continuous improvement capability – a competitive weapon
- Alignment – operational capability and strategic priorities.