Deloitte LLP UK Environmental policy statement
It is the policy of Deloitte LLP to minimise the potentially significant impacts of our operations and services on the environment. We will promote sustainability and environmental awareness at all levels of decision-making.
In defining our programme of improved environmental performance, we will:
- Comply with the letter and spirit of all relevant environmental legislation.
- Incorporate energy and water efficiency measures into our buildings and promote efficient use of resources in all areas of business activity.
- Implement waste management strategies that promote waste minimisation, re-use, recovery and recycling where appropriate. In all cases we will see that our waste is disposed of in a way that minimises its impact on the environment.
- Seek to manage and reduce internal and client-facing travel.
- Adopt a purchasing programme that takes into account the environmental impact of products and services in areas of key concern.
- Ensure that our staff are aware of the environmental impacts of their work activities and encourage them through awareness raising and training to minimise those impacts.
- Pursue a programme of continuous improvement of our procedures and practices.
- Ensure that our policy clearly displayed for internal consumption and is available for public review on request.
This policy will be reviewed on a regular basis to evaluate continued relevance and to monitor compliance
Date: 1st June 2013
Senior Partner & Chief Executive