Our Green Journey
Deloitte’s Leeds office works in partnership with West Yorkshire travel to reduce travel to work CO2 emissions. This is done through various schemes including annual travel passes through the corporate discount scheme and cycle to work initiatives with incentives for those opting for alternative travel arrangements.
The office also changed its waste disposal company over a year ago and is now proud to say that it diverts 100% of waste from landfill. Cardboard, paper and plastics are baled and sent to UK mills. Some paper grades are sent to animal bedding companies in the UK. Glass is bulked and sent to Barnsley glass. Metal is sent to Bradford for use in products such as cars, sheet metals and cans.
- We have nine diversity network groups to support employees and the wider community
- With more than 50 active members, these include our women’s, working parents and workability networks and various faith networks
Supporting Local Charities
Our current nominated Leeds office charity chosen in a poll by our people is St Gemma’s Hospice, a charity that offers support to patients with terminal illnesses. Care is offered to patients and their carers in a variety of ways; which include the Hospice’s In-Patient Unit, by visiting patients in the comfort of their own home through their Community Team and via St Gemma’s Day Services which includes a Day Hospice and Out-Patients department. Deloitte in Leeds look forward to working closely with them both in a fund raising capacity and also through community involvement days in the coming year.
Deloitte has been a supporter of Teach First since 2005, and from September 2013 we embarked on a new collaborative working partnership, Deloitte Access. In Yorkshire we have been partnered with Tong High School in Bradford in order to positively impact the lives of children in schools in challenging circumstances within our local office areas. This will include support such as student mentoring but also developing a longer term partnership with the schools. This partnership will address the firms desire to improve access to the professions, promoting Deloitte outside the usual routes. Watch out / sign up for volunteering opportunities.
Supporting Disability Sport
- Our national disability sport programme is the largest of its kind in the UK
- We aim to lead the way in corporate support for disability sport
- Since 2010 teams from Yorkshire and the North East have raised in excess of £20,000 for the British Paralympic Association through Deloitte Ride Across Britain
Talent Partner – 0113 292 1316