Deloitte has a long and proud history of support for the wider community. This has been part of the ethos of our firm since its beginning. Today, our focus is on a renewed ambition: to be a leader in society. To play a positive and active role in tackling the needs and opportunities in the wider community within which we work. We believe we each have an opportunity and a responsibility to make a difference and that Deloitte can help encourage and focus that impact.
Our Community agenda is focused on what our firm can do in the community and how our people can make a contribution. Our Community activities are focused on five key areas:
- Social Innovation – we are supporting socially innovative businesses through our Deloitte Social Innovation Pioneers programme.
- Deloitte Disability Sport - which encourages and supports disabled people on their journey through sport from participation, through performance, to the podium.
- Skills and Education - we aim to provide a range of volunteering opportunities for our people and ensure that we are involved in shaping and informing the skills agenda.
- Charitable Giving - our people provide support to charity by giving their time and expertise through a range of fundraising, volunteering and pro-bono activities.
- The Environment - Deloitte not only wants to minimise its impact on the environment but also make an active contribution towards preserving it.