Our FAS professionals aim to reduce client risks inherent in any acquisition - whether hostile or not - by providing expert advice on those elements essential to a successful acquisition: planning, targeting and execution, and by helping answer important strategic questions such as:
- Do you seek acquisitions that increase market share, or should you diversify?
- Is it better to look for businesses that offer vertical integration, or synergy with your company?
We assist our clients to identify and evaluate the most promising opportunities and once a suitable target has been identified we:
- Formulate an approach strategy
- Agree a preliminary view on valuation and financial structuring
- Approach the target using our top level contacts where possible
- Lead negotiations throughout the process
- Set the framework for due diligence and provide teams where required
- Liaise with regulators and prepare public documents where relevant
- Help to ensure a timely and managed completion