What is vendor assistance?
Increasingly, on large M&A transactions, our clients are demanding a wider range of services from their advisers to support the disposal process. Deloitte has developed a separate Vendor Assistance service in order to mitigate potential impediments to sale whilst de-risking and shortening the transaction process. Vendor Assistance can be a precursor to a vendor due diligence, or any combination of the areas below can be provided as standalone services depending upon the specific circumstances of the transaction.
Vendor Assistance is the provision of any combination of a number of value add services, including:
- accounting advice and support
- accounting advisory services
- carve out
- data room support
- operational and commercial reviews
- project management
- risk review
- sale and purchase agreement advice
- treasury and insurance services.
What are the benefits?
The aim of Vendor Assistance is to provide ongoing support to a company that is considering the sale of all or part of its business. We are able to provide support in all areas to:
- assess whether or not the business or business units are ready for separation and divestment, following an initial pre-sale diagnostic process
- identify the major areas where separation activity is required.
- understand the applicability of existing or past plans for proposed separation
- work with the vendor to establish and execute a carefully coordinated operational carve out plan
- provide assistance to prepare standalone financial information for the carved out business, including tax information, that is robust and fit for a sale process in terms of audited carve out financials, vendor due diligence, and data room
- help to keep lines of communication open by providing resource centrally and in country
- keep control over the timetable at all stages of the project, including due diligence if vendor due diligence is undertaken
- advise on best practice during a disposal process e.g. restrictions on communications with potential purchasers
- provide hands on support through all stages of the sale process, including bidder meetings, advice on the sale and purchase agreement and completion accounts.