Our target is to enable Deloitte China to effectively perform its operations and deliver its services with the least negative impact possible to the environment. Our environmental mission is to help Deloitte China ultimately to become carbon neutral.
In 2007, a management led, cross-regional and cross functional Environmental Management Taskforce (EMT) was established to further coordinate Deloitte China's efforts across our offices in China.
Specific policies, processes and practices have been developed to facilitate environmental management across our firm. These include:
- a Deloitte China Environmental Policy Statement that sets out our firm's position in 9 key areas of business operations
- a Deloitte China Environmental Policy Implementation Guide that provides detailed guidelines to all employees of Deloitte China for their compliance
- an intranet section accessible to all Deloitte China employees, dedicated to sharing knowledge and best practices on environmental protection
- regular internal newsletter to keep Deloitte China employees updated on our firm's latest environmental management initiatives and how they can participate
- a Carbon Footprint Management System to the different departments of our firm to track and manage their carbon emissions resulting from their core operations
- a waste management system to facilitate employees to recycle plastic bottles, aluminum cans, waste paper and stationery
- National Green IMPACT Day to promote environmental awareness and recycling as well as help those in need.