Asian Financial Forum 2012 - Asia: Driving sustainable growth
16 – 17 January 2012, Hong Kong SAR
Deloitte China is Diamond Sponsor
The Asian Financial Forum 2012 - Asia: Driving sustainable growth (AFF) took place at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre on 16 – 17 January 2012.
This year's forum addressed whether and how the Asian economy can provide a fresh impetus to the world economy impacted by unprecedented developments such as the sovereign debt crisis in the Eurozone, and the strategies companies should adopt in this new economic order. The forum provided a significant and timely opportunity for participants to take a closer look at the future of the Asian economy, in particular the challenges faced by and the new horizons for enterprises in the region.
Deloitte China was the sponsor of the keynote luncheon on 16 January and also hosted a workshop on 17 January.
Rise of the RMB zone – Trade, investment, and asset management in the coming decade: Way forward for financial services industry and businesses
Date: 17 January 2012 (Tuesday)
Time: 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The original plan to allow RMB to accumulate outside China for trade settlement has expanded greatly, along with the levels of RMB circulating outside of China. Each of these activities in RMB — trade settlement, capital transactions, and wealth preservation — has created new opportunities for individuals and businesses. Each has also created a new level of complexity and new risks.
The Deloitte workshop at the Asian Financial Forum considered the driving forces behind the investment uses of the RMB, both capital transactions and asset management, the dimensions of the major trends, and the directions they are likely to take in the future.
- Mr. Chris Lu, Chief Executive Officer, Deloitte China
- Dr. Ken DeWoskin, Director, China Research and Insight Centre (CRIC), Deloitte China
- Mr. Eric Tong, Global Financial Services Industry Leader of Southern Region, Deloitte China
The expert panel of speakers includes:
- Mr. Oliver Brinkmann, Head of Corporate Banking Coverage Asia-Pacific, Deutsche Bank AG
- Mrs Margaret Leung Ko May Yee, JP, Vice-Chairman and Chief Executive, Hang Seng Bank
- Mr. Mark McCombe, OBE, Chairman, BlackRock Asia-Pacific
- Mr. Anthony Nightingale, SBS, JP, Managing Director, Jardine Matheson Group
- Mr. Anthony Wu, GBS, JP, Chairman of the Bauhinia Foundation Research Centre and the Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce
Deloitte on AFF 2012 Webcast
Hong Kong: Model for Asia
Hong Kong is an economically sustainable model for Asia, with "one of the best liveable environments in the world", says Dr. Kenneth DeWoskin, Director, China Research and Insight Centre, Deloitte China. Dr. DeWoskin believes the RMB gives Hong Kong a competitive edge and its marketisation "has reached an equilibrium". View video