Asian Financial Forum 2013 - Asia: Shaping the next global landscape
14 – 15 January 2013, Hong Kong SAR
Deloitte China is a Diamond Sponsor
This year's forum will provide a significant and timely opportunity for participants to take a closer look at the future role of the Asian economy, and the implications for financial markets and businesses in the region.
Deloitte China will be the sponsor of the keynote luncheon on 14 January and will also host a workshop on 15 January.
Asian financial integration and co-operation: The power and the path
Date: 15 January 2013 (Tuesday)
Time: 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Venue: Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
Language: English with simultaneous interpretation
The Deloitte Workshop will focus on greater financial markets cooperation in Asia in the face of the uncertain global economic outlook, how the roles of the Chinese Mainland and Hong Kong financial markets might drive this and evolve, as well as the implications for the financial services industry and businesses.
The Workshop will cover the following four important aspects of Asia's regional integration:
- What will be the global impact of Asia-based capital markets and their future development?
- What is the potential for a common currency to improve efficiency in trade and investment?
- What roles will Hong Kong and the Chinese Mainland play?
- What role will institutions play to promote alignment of policy, regulation, tax, and reporting requirements across the region?
Welcome remarks and overview:
- Mr. Chris Lu, Chief Executive Officer, Deloitte China
- Mr. Chaly Mah, Regional Managing Director, Asia Pacific, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and CEO, Deloitte Southeast Asia
- Dr. Ken DeWoskin, Director, China Research and Insight Centre (CRIC), Deloitte China
- Mr. Eric Tong, Global Financial Services Industry Leader of Southern Region, Deloitte China
The expert panel of speakers includes:
- The Hon. Ronald Arculli, GBM, GBS, JP, Senior Partner of King & Wood Mallesons, Independent Non-Executive Director; Former Chairman of the Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited
- Prof. Frederick Ma, GBS, JP, Honorary Professor, School of Economics and Finance, The University of Hong Kong; Former Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury, HKSAR
- Mr. Mark McCombe, OBE, Senior Managing Director, Asia-Pacific Chairman, BlackRock
- Mr. Anthony Nightingale, CMG, SBS, JP, Non-Executive Director, Jardine Matheson Holdings
- Mr. Tse Kwok Leung, Head of Economics Research Division at Bank of China (Hong Kong)