In the past, the number of regulatory inquiries or investigations has globally increased. This results in increasingly rigorous obligations for financial services professionals to prevent and detect money laundering activities. In this context the need to demonstrate an effective anti-money laundering strategy is more important than ever before.
Our successful track record of managing the threat of money laundering has given Deloitte first-hand experience of the unique challenges, such as:
- Performing investigations of specific clients and/ or structures.
- Providing punctual service in helping with the assessment of information relating to one or more potential high-yield clients.
- Reviewing entire department or client portfolios in order to assess the existence of potential cases.
- Improving the awareness of specific members of bank staff by specific highly-specialized anti-money laundering training.
- Analysing large data inventories from a forensic angle with our latest data analysis tools and techniques.
- Assessing the information technology environment and operating structure, as well as recommendations of technical and case management solutions.
- Performing independent compliance testing procedures to assist management in preparing for regulatory examinations, maintaining a strong internal control environment, and complying with anti-money laundering regulatory requirements.
- Reviewing online transaction monitoring systems and parameters.
Deloitte is your external specialist for questions related to the anti-money laundering act. We assist clients in the Private Banking industry to develop effective anti-money laundering programs. Our teams have collected project experience in around 50 countries and we can support you in more than 15 languages.