Banks with adequate capital and an understanding of their tax position can benefit from the current crisis by buying otherwise sound businesses which are in need of liquidity or whose owners are forced to sell to alleviate stress on their balance sheets. The current market is also causing many banks to review their portfolios and consider divesting certain assets. For many banks, it might be too late to sell. The question is, what are smart businesses doing to prepare themselves?
Challenges where Deloitte can help
- Do you know what value acquisition targets or disposals you have? How do you build business plans for disposals?
- How do you evaluate and implement/ integrate new business combinations?
- How is an acquisition or vendor due diligence performed correctly?
- What is the best way of drafting and negotiating financial aspects of a sale and purchase agreement?
- Are you aware of the risks and opportunities of a merger or an acquisition?
More than ever current market conditions require a trustful and competent partner in any aspect of a M&A process. We will support you in every aspect of your deal:
- We provide a strong multi-disciplinary and international network of experts and strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure your strategic goals will be achieved.
- We will support you in every phase of the deal with the people and know-how needed for success.
- We identify, at an early stage, the business issues that need to be addressed during the M&A process to avoid loss of value.
- We help to optimise the transaction value by identifying potential operational and synergetic upsides and obstacles to their realisation.
- Our involvement and expert guidance will help to keep your transaction to its original timetable.