The Deloitte CFO Survey
2012 Q1 results
Key points from the Q1 2012 Survey
- CFOs’ expectations regarding the economy have recovered significantly from the slump in expectations in the last quarter: only 36% are pessimistic about the outlook for Switzerland compared to 83% the previous quarter, while 20% are optimistic (previous quarter 4%).
- 37% of CFOs expect a recession in Switzerland within the next two years compared to 65% in the previous quarter.
- A small majority considers the financial prospects for their own company have improved from three months ago.
- Expectations regarding revenue have improved significantly, with a net balance of 5% (previous quarter -55%) expecting an increase in revenue over the next 12 months. However, the pressure on operating margins remains high: two-thirds expect operating margins to fall.
- Credit availability is considered to be worse for the third consecutive quarter, 27% of CFOs say that credit is difficult to obtain.
- 88% of CFOs expect an exchange rate within the range of 1.20-1.30 CHF/EUR in 12 months.
- Inflation expectations for the next 24 months remain at a moderate 1.5%.