Pricing and Promotions
We look at the leading practices for improving both pricing and promotions, and how these come together into an integrated commercial strategy. Companies need to deliver the right products for the consumer, with a proposition which also delivers the expected growth and profitability figures. This requires a winning approach across all of the key revenue drivers – with pricing and promotions critical to the successful implementation of any changes.
What consumer products companies are saying:
- Intensive promotion and price discounting is squeezing margins across the industry
- The sheer volume of in-store activity as everyone fights for revenue is challenging successful execution
- further challenging the value and predictability of promotional investment
- Escalating trade spend is unsustainable – more is going to retailers and less to shoppers
- Retailers are being much more dynamic with their own-label ranges – both to address the challenges they now face in the premium sector, and to aggressively target shopper needs for value