The public sector is subject to constant change, which is a significant challenge for all the parties involved.
- Public institutions have to further optimise their efficiency and capacity due to the scarcity of resources.
- At the same time citizens and businesses have higher expectations of lean and customer-oriented processes.
- The public demands more transparency and traceability regarding the sustainable use of funds.
- Society’s structural change requires innovation, for example regarding infrastructure, job markets, social security and safety.
- Changes in the public sector increasingly require joint public-private initiatives to ensure the public sectors’ continuing ability to perform.
- The growing international exchange of goods and services in business as well as academia is requiring stronger political interaction on an international level.
Successfully managing these challenges, which result from trends and developments such as demographic change and urbanisation, customer focus combined with increases in efficiency, national and international regulations, governance, risk and compliance, interconnected information or changes to human and financial resources, requires innovative concepts.
Deloitte has been the leading consulting firm for the public sector for over 10 years and provides support with industry-specific, interdisciplinary know-how in the areas of audit, tax, consulting, and corporate finance.