The return to BC PST
Is your business ready?
With the legislated date for the return to British Columbia Provincial Sales Tax (BC PST) set at April 1, 2013, it’s time to begin the process of transformation back to a retail sales tax environment .
How can Deloitte help? With years of providing market-leading indirect tax support, our team has developed a roadmap to ensure our clients’ return to PST is as seamless as possible.
Our proven methodology is based on a five-phase approach encompassing the following key areas:
- Readiness team and transition plan development
- Review of long-term contracts for indirect tax implications
- Systems and processes review
- PST training and updating/creating user-friendly tools (e.g., cheat sheets, matrices, decision trees, etc.)
- Introduce tax savings plans and opportunities
To discuss how Deloitte can help you make your business PST-ready, contact our indirect tax leaders.
This publication is produced by Deloitte & Touche LLP as an information service to clients and friends of the firm, and is not intended to substitute for competent professional advice. No action should be initiated without consulting your professional advisors. Your use of this document is at your own risk.