Sustainability and corporate responsibility are not new concepts, but they have evolved rapidly in recent years. Today, sustainability extends far beyond adopting isolated initiatives to improve energy efficiency or enhance workplace safety. Instead, sustainability now encompasses the creation of business processes that benefit all stakeholders — from shareholders and employees to NGOs and communities. More significantly, it’s about integrating these actions into an organization’s strategy and operations to drive economic, social and environmental value.
Drawing from varied backgrounds, including science, engineering, business, finance, accounting and regulatory policy, and using a multidisciplinary approach, our sustainability and climate change team can help you better identify, understand and respond to these issues to drive growth and improve performance.
Our sustainability services include:
- Strategy development and implementation. Set direction and guidance for sustainability performance by identifying global and national issues and trends, benchmarking and assessing sustainability maturity levels, setting vision and goals, engaging stakeholders, developing business cases, prioritizing initiatives and planning for action and implementation.
- Risk management. Access our enterprise risk management approach to evaluate and improve your risk management, control and processes by identifying critical organizational sustainability issues, identifying key compliance and regulatory risks and opportunities, adopting systematic and disciplined risk and controls-based methodologies, quantifying the impact of risks on shareholder value and developing board governance policies and processes.
- Corporate reporting. Benchmark peer corporate responsibility reporting and activities, engage external stakeholders, develop key performance indicators and targets based on benchmarking and stakeholder engagement, establish report vision and content and understand data and information needs to meet requirements or reporting frameworks such as GRI, AA1000 and others.
- Non-financial assurance. We help you assess the availability and quality of necessary data and information, provide guidance on third-party assurance readiness and provide third-party report assurance.
- Financial transaction and advisory. Assess and value the environmental, health and safety components of firm assets and liabilities, such as valuating environmental assets and liabilities during mergers or acquisitions, evaluating the performance of existing assets and assessing contaminated land risk.
- Environment, health and safety (EHS) advisory. Conduct gap analysis, develop strategy, objectives and priorities, profile EHS risk to limit your exposure, integrate EHS and IT systems into your core business process, refine EHS IT systems to improve data capture, consolidation and reporting, manage change and train to foster an EHS culture.