COBIT® foundation certificate
About this course
Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (COBIT®) has quickly become the de facto standard for IT governance, IT risk management, IT controls and compliance. COBIT is an IT governance framework toolkit that allows managers to bridge the gap between control requirements, technical issues and business risks. COBIT’s latest update, version 4.1, enables regulatory compliance, helps organizations increase the value attained from IT, highlights linkages between business and IT goals and simplifies implementation of the COBIT framework.
Deloitte’s COBIT foundation program is a three-day interactive experience where you will learn about the need for an IT governance framework and how COBIT addresses this need by providing a globally accepted IT governance and control framework. Delivered by experienced, senior COBIT practitioners, this course explains the elements and supporting materials of the COBIT framework using a logical and example-driven approach. Through the use of cases and exercises, you gain the opportunity to use your newly acquired knowledge. You will also receive a manual that includes presentation slides, handouts, course materials and COBIT quick reference materials.
On the last day of the course, you can complete an exam preparation module and write the COBIT Foundation examination. By successfully completing this examination, you will be eligible to receive your COBIT Foundation Certificate from Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA).
Who should attend
- IT leaders, managers, process owners, quality professionals, developers who want to improve their organization’s IT governance
- IT auditors and chief audit executives who want a foundation for understanding IT governance best practices
Learn how to
- Identify common IT challenges and the need for an IT governance framework
- Understand COBIT’s structure and related terminology
- Apply the components of the COBIT framework to real-life situations
- Understand available COBIT resources
- Appreciate the benefits gained by implementing the COBIT framework
This three-day course will teach you:
- Responses to IT challenges—a review of IT management challenges and case study work
- An introduction to IT governance definition and principles, the need for IT governance and a control framework and the characteristics of a control framework
- Overview of the COBIT framework—an overview of the value, limitations, components and benefits of COBIT, as well as linking COBIT and IT governance, premise and principle of COBIT and the framework of COBIT
Some experience in IT governance is recommended. Participants should also obtain and review a copy of the COBIT 4.1 publication, which you can download for free from the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) website.