Risk Intelligent governance
A practical guide for boards
Today, many boards are taking steps to improve the effectiveness of their risk governance efforts. One of the greatest challenges they face is to develop and maintain a risk governance program that both strengthens risk management practices and supports business objectives to increase shareholder value.
The most effective approach to risk governance involves integration of risk management considerations into each and every business decision and pursuit. The latest title in Deloitte’s Risk Intelligence series, therefore, recommends that boards address six key areas of governance:
- Define the board’s risk oversight role
- Foster a Risk Intelligent culture
- Help management incorporate Risk Intelligence into strategy
- Help define the organization’s risk appetite
- Execute the Risk Intelligent governance process
- Benchmark and evaluate the governance process
Learn more about how to improve a company’s risk governance efforts for future success.
As used in this document, ‘Deloitte’ means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
Page Last Updated