Implementing IT governance using COBIT® and Val IT
About this course
This two-day workshop expands on the skills you developed in the COBIT® foundation certificate course. It introduces Val IT, a framework that focuses on the value dimension of IT governance. In addition to reviewing the objectives and principles of COBIT, and what it can mean for your organization, this course provides you with a proven roadmap for using COBIT and Val IT to implement IT governance. By discussing scope, planning and other elements of this standardized implementation roadmap, you will learn how to optimize the value of your IT-enabled business investments by controlling both their cost and risk.
Who should attend
- Individuals with a working knowledge of COBIT who want to develop implementation experience
- COBIT implementation teams, process and quality consultants, IT audit professionals, information security consultants
- Anyone actively responsible for implementing COBIT
Learn how to
- Apply the IT Governance Institute’s (ITGI) approach to an IT governance implementation, based on the IT Governance Implementation Guide, 2nd edition
- Use the implementation roadmap to ensure COBIT and Val IT support each step of your implementation
- Scope and plan IT governance initiatives based on COBIT and Val IT
- Assess process capability using COBIT maturity models
- Plan improvement using control objectives and control practices
- Create a performance measurement framework using COBIT metrics and the balanced scorecard
- Sustain the IT governance implementation
- Consider practical implementation factors
- Access COBIT implementation support from Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
Through case studies and other training materials, this two-day course will teach you:
- The elements of the roadmap for an IT governance implementation using COBIT and Val IT
- How to identify needs and scope issues using COBIT and Val IT
- Techniques for envisioning the solution by analyzing your IT process and maturity to identify gaps
- How to plan the solution by developing improvement strategies, defining objectives and creating a change plan
- How to implement the solution by transferring to production and measuring performance
- How to operationalize the solution by building a governance organization and processes
- Implementation considerations
An understanding of COBIT implementation support from Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) is recommended.
Toronto: Call registration desk for details
$1,195 + taxes
For single or group registrations contact our registration desk at 1-877-695-0410 or 416-874-3690 or email us
Once registered, you may cancel and receive a full refund up to 30 days before the session start date. Between 30 and 14 days before the session start date, you will be entitled to a refund of 50% of your registration fee. If you cancel less than 14 days before the session start date, there will be no refunds. ‘No shows’ will not be entitled to refunds; however, a substitute delegate may attend.
Notice of cancellation must be given in writing.