#myTMT – My TMT Prediction is…
Among our Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT) sector, there are many professionals with considerable knowledge, vision, career accomplishments and experience who thrive on challenge. Some of these visionary professionals are interested in sharing their deep knowledge in TMT and expanding their opportunities to shine in the online world.
Are you one of them? Deloitte wants to hear from you.
Submit your video prediction and activate your network to vote for your submission
For example, below is the #4 ranked prediction from last year's report:
- “Social networks in the enterprise: Facebook for the Fortune… Enterprise 2.0 is affordable and no training wheels are required. Enterprises and governments are looking for cost-effective ways to distribute information throughout their networks. In 2009, this is likely to include more spending on internal social networks and the tools required to build and enable them. With the world’s highest penetration of Facebook users, Canada is poised to be a global leader in transitioning this technology to the enterprise. Although social networks don’t cost much to deploy, the challenge is likely to be in measuring their return on investment.”
Predictions that are submitted will be posted on:
- The Deloitte Canada website (www.deloitte.ca)
- Deloitte.com sites around the world
- Our Facebook fan page (www.facebook.com/DeloitteCanada)
- Our Deloitte Canada Twitter account (www.Twitter.com/DeloitteCanada)
- Our YouTube account (www.YouTube.com/DeloitteCanada)
- Vimeo (vimeo.com/deloittecanada)
- Blip.tv (http://deloittecanada.blip.tv/)
- DailyMotion (http://www.dailymotion.com/deloittecanada)
The submitted predictions will also be played at various Deloitte events related to our 2010 Deloitte TMT Predictions Cross-Canada Roadshow.
Between December 1st, 2009 and December 31st, 2009, submit your prediction:
- Via video (video camera, webcam) or a video slideshow (PowerPoint, Keynote) in English or in French
- You should provide a summary of your prediction
- The submission should be backed up by sufficient data and evidence that this prediction could occur.
- The submission will be judged on these criteria:
- Feasibility: The likelihood of the prediction coming true.
- Relevance: Applicable and that will impact the Canadian audience.
- Creativity: Creative in its depiction of the prediction.
- Highlight the reasons for your prediction
- Submit your prediction on Deloitte.ca/MyTMT or via the Deloitte Facebook Page
- Participants are allowed to make more than one submission
- Videos cannot exceed 90 seconds in length or three PowerPoint slides
1. Public vote
The general public will be able to vote for their favourite videos on Deloitte.ca/MyTMT or on www.facebook.com/DeloitteCanada. Between December 1st, 2009 and January 8th, 2010, the public will choose their favourite TMT predictions video then, based on public, the top 10 videos will be put to a jury who will select the winner.
2. Jury vote
Between January 9, 2010 and January 13, 2010, a jury of renowned professionals in Technology, Media & Telecommunications sector in Canada will review the 10 videos selected by the general public and choose one TMT prediction winner and two runners up.
3. Video selection
If the community and a panel of professionals in Technology, Media & Telecommunications sector in Canada choose you, your video will be showcased to a crowd of Deloitte thought-leaders, CEOs, presidents and other VIPs in the Canadian TMT sector at a launch event in Montreal on January 19, 2010. Similar events will be held in other cities and your video may be played at those events as well.
Get the attention of this exclusive crowd and grow your reputation by adding this honour to your portfolio of achievements. Let your dream come true to show to the world your prediction for the 2010 Technology, Media & Telecommunications sector.
The panel of judges will be composed as follows:
- Duncan Stewart, Director of Deloitte Canada Research and co-author of the TMT Predictions
- John Ruffolo, Deloitte’s national leader, TMT practice, global leader, Tax
- Mitch Joel, president of Twist Image and author of Six Pixels of Separation
- Michelle Blanc, president of Analyweb and Yulbiz
- Katheline Jean-Pierre, Deloitte’s Senior Manager, Online Marketing
- Sylvain Carle, CTO Praized Media
- Dave Forde, founder of Profectio, Toronto Tech Week and PR in Canada
- Barry J. Reiter, partner, Bennett Jones LLP
- Peter McNeill, Deloitte’s Senior Marketing Manager, TMT group
- Laurent Maisonnave, president of Ze Agence and Île sans fil
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com
All submissions must be uploaded to Deloitte.ca/MyTMT via the Deloitte Facebook page by 5 PM EST, Thursday, December 31st to be eligible for a chance to have your video presented at the TMT Predictions conference broadcasted live on January 19, 2010 in Montreal. You and up to three friends will be invited to attend the Predictions Roadshow stop near you. Road show dates and cities are as follows:
- January 19 - Montreal
- January 20 - Toronto
- January 21 - Winnipeg
- January 22 - Ottawa
- January 26 - Quebec City
- January 27 - Halifax
- February 1 - Vancouver
- February 2 - Calgary
See full contest rules below