Benchmarking for Success 2009
New trends in North America’s food and beverage processing industry
Since we last benchmarked North America’s food and beverage processors seven years ago, the industry, the market and even the world have changed significantly. Beyond facing greater competition, heightened regulatory mandates and a new political climate, many industry players continue to reel from the effects of the recent economic and financial downturn, which many believe is the worst since the Great Depression.
It was against this backdrop that Deloitte developed Benchmarking for Success 2009, a contemporary analysis of the state of the food and beverage processing industry in North America. To help you track the trends that will affect your business going forward, this study:
- Analyzes the food and beverage processing industry in terms of profitability, efficiency and solvency
- Reviews the performance of several critical subsectors, including meat, grain/produce and beverage
- Looks at top quartile performance
- Provides a perspective on the importance of food safety
- Explores the influence of merger & acquisition activity
In addition to measuring how Canada’s processors are performing relative to their U.S. counterparts, Benchmarking for Success 2009 discusses some notable trends, including those related to consolidation of the North American food and beverage processing sector. It also sets out a list of the key success factors for Canadian processors.
Gain a concise, up-to-date perspective on the food and beverage processing industry, and learn valuable insights to guide your decision-making.