Deloitte’s annual Diversity report for 2012
How well have we followed through our diversity strategy for FY2012 with respect to leadership, talent and clients? What were the big changes and our successful initiatives? And who were our diversity champions?
Internally, we acted on our vision to be recognized as a diversity leader and our initiatives led to many remarkable results and achievements, such as the following:
- In various practices, 29% of newly-appointed leaders were women (in 2008, it was 15)
- In the Board of directors, 20% of new members were women
- We formalized our integration practices for immigrant hires
Externally, our activities in the marketplace and the community have also contributed to grow our reputation as a diversity leader. Here are just a few of those activities:
- We released our 2001 Dialogue on Diversity white paper Welcome to Canada. Now what?
- We held a roundtable series to explore how to create opportunities for Aboriginal people
- We became a founder partner of “Diversity 50,” a sponsorship approach to improving board diversity
At Deloitte, the daily leadership of many individuals has helped us strengthen our diversity culture and further advance our competitive advantage with clients.