Financial sector is one of the most complex areas of business activities. Since the activities in this sector of economy are always attended with raising large capital, financial risks increase to a considerable extent. Therefore, a professional approach to solution of any issues is required.
Deloitte is a leader in the bank auditing in Belarus. Our highly qualified professionals are ready to render assistance to our clients in solving their tasks irrespective of the level of their complexity.
Our services in this area include:
- Planning of establishment and change of financial and holding structures.
- Due diligence, assessment of various risks including tax and investment risks.
- Advice on compliance with bank (insurance company) registration and licensing requirements; follow-up advisory assistance in establishing separate bank departments.
- In order to support the stability and soundness of the Belarusian banking system the National Bank establishes safe functioning standards, any violation of which may entail penalties, including bank’s closure. In this context, we offer our consulting support as for identification of the most risk-bearing standards and the ways to maintain them at the statutory level.
- Advice on determination of various standards in the area of insurance activity, forming, financing, investing, placing and using insurance reserves, etc.
- Advice on preparation of local normative acts regulating banking activities, analysis of the bank’s internal regulations for compliance with the principles and requirements of the Belarusian legislation.
- Advice on credit, securities, foreign exchange and other operations of the bank.
- Consulting support in establishing the bank’s subsidiaries, such as leasing (insurance) companies.
Tax and legal advisory services in accordance with current legislation of Belarus:
- minimization of the bank’s exposure to taxation (application of international double tax treaties, analysis of taxable base and tax calculation);
- analysis of tax risks and other possible consequences of application of the client’s schemes, assistance in introducing international compensation schemes;
- consultations on the issues of labor legislation compliance, salary classification, and preparation of necessary documentation;
- representation of the bank’s interests before the tax and other state authorities.