The role of the Internal Audit department has expanded, both in scope and the requirement to deliver tangible value to the business. The IT environment is growing more complex by the day. Rapidly changing technologies, increasing demand for IT services among business units, and the continual expansion of the “extended enterprise” all translate into greater IT risks for most organisations. The IT Audit and Compliance functions are tasked with keeping tabs on these risks.
How we can help?
Deloitte has the breadth of resources, skills and experience to meet the most fundamental IT Audit requirements including:
- IT Governance
- Information Security
- Technology Change Management
- Application, Database and Infrastructure audits
- Business Continuity Management
- Disaster recovery
- Network and Systems Management
- Regulatory Compliance e.g. MiFID, Basel II and Sarbanes Oxley
We also have the capability to meet more unique and challenging service needs, such as:
- Data Analysis
- Information Security audits and vulnerability assessments
- Outsourcing Risk Management
- Privacy and Data Protection
- Application controls review and effectiveness assessment of major ERP installations such as SAP, Oracle, etc.
- Project Risk Management
We have designed our services to offer flexibility for you to retain both control and confidence. The range of our solutions includes:
- “Outsourcing” whereby we can provide an entire IT Internal Audit function that provides assurance over IT risks across the organisation
- “Co-sourcing” which allows you to tap into our resources for specialised skills and experience, or to expand your existing staff with experienced IT Audit professionals.
- Discrete Projects whereby you assign specific projects to us and we carry them out as an extension of your Internal Audit organisation.
- Assisting you in developing full IT Audit risk assessment, audit plan development and plan execution.