Business plan & modelling
The financial model at the heart of the transaction soaks up a lot of time, and sometimes contains costly errors. Lack of flexibility may mean that it cannot provide the quality of analysis that is really needed without significant manual effort.
- Experienced people integrated into the transaction process
- Clarity and insight
Our modelling work spans all phases of the transaction process
- pre-transaction high-level business planning
- operational and financial modelling and review
- developing analytical and forecasting tools to improve performance post-transaction.
Business Modelling - Potential issues
- The deal analysis will not capture the key business drivers, linking P&L drivers to working capital, capex, tax and cash flow assumptions in a way that gets to the heart of the business
- The analysis will not provide sufficiently robust and flexible sensitivity analysis
- The deal or decision is not optimally structured
- Valuable client resource is prevented from focussing their time and resources on managing other key deal issues
- The investment model contains material errors
- The analysis is not performed by a well trained, suitably experienced person.
How can we support you?
- We help our clients understand their cash flow dynamics, explore the implications of changing the financing structure and measure their ability to meet covenants.
- We provide a range of expertise helping our clients to get a shared view of their business model and the ability to explore different business / commercial scenarios.
- We help on clients to analyse cost and revenue drivers and build business planning tools to assist our clients understand the impact of changing internal or external business conditions.
- We provide third party assurance over business critical models.
- We help our clients to measurably increase their level of skill and effectiveness in all aspects of problem structuring, model development and review