Sale of the new Ghent Courthouse – December 2006
Deloitte Real Estate Corporate Finance acted as real estate and financial advisor to the State for the sale of the new Ghent Courthouse, the grand opening of which took place in the spring of 2007. The investor acquired the land and assumed the obligation to refund the contraction debt, and was compensated by leasing the property long term to the Federal State.
Our engagement encompassed the following:
- The preparation of the call for candidates
- The preparation of the information memorandum
- Negotiation rounds with the candidates
- The issuance of the final tender documents together with the contractual documents
- Closing the transaction after a final auction, whereby KBC Bank was awarded the sale.
This Ghent transaction in excess of 140 million EUR was similar to our 250 million EUR transaction in 2005 upon the sale of the new Antwerp Courthouse.