Nowadays, different types of partnerships are implemented throughout the value chain of a Life Sciences company (from pre-clinical research, over clinical R&D and manufacturing to the launch of a product on the market).
Partnerships are currently seen by key industry leaders as an important element in the development of a new successful Life Sciences business model.
To reach that goal, various challenges must be tackled:
- Strong governance model to be implemented taking into account the different cultures, strategies, locations, visions, expertise, ..
- Effective QA model to be developed with the partners guaranteeing regulatory compliance;
- Appropriate tools and the right IT infrastructure ensuring a complete and safe data handling and protection according to the different data standards;
- Process compatibility between the two partners that allows easy integration and communication
- Do we have a clear view on why we would like a partner to fulfill a role in our value chain
- Where is our organization today in terms of outsourcing and does that correspond with our strategy?
- Do we take our strategy into account for the selection of the right partner?
- Do we have a sound business model with our partners that addresses operational risks?
Deloitte offering - selected approaches & credentials
Deloitte is supporting Life Sciences clients to set up risk intelligent partnerships by offering the following services:
- Partnership scan to determine the current strategy and the strategic risks that are related as well as the operational risks that are identified in the implementation of a partnership
- Partnership audit to help a client selecting the right partner taking into account the full spectrum of criteria to be kept in mind.
- Definition and implementation of a risk intelligent partnership business model.