Nowadays R&D organisations are under huge pressure as their productivity remains unsatisfactory despite the massive increases in R&D spend and significant efforts on improving operational excellence.
Due to the poor R&D results the last couple of years (very low new molecular entity approvals) and with the fact that 25% of big pharma sales go off patent by 2012, immediate actions are required, the current business model has to be re-invented.
The R&D practice of the future will have to cope with:
- Increasing development and patients cost;
- Patient safety as key factor for confidence and trust;
- Efficient pipeline management to improve the output;
- Appropriate Intellectual Property management to facilitate innovation;
- Evolving stakeholder climate;
- Multiple partnerships within the complete R&D value chain
In order to face these industry challenges, most companies will need to answer the following key questions:
- How can we accelerate the R&D cycle?
- How can we optimize & manage our portfolio?
- How should we manage our Intellectual Property?
Deloitte offering - Selected approaches & credentials
Deloitte has helped several big life sciences companies:
- To Improve R&D governance in the drug development process
- To streamline the different clinical R&D process flows
- To better use the clinical data in order to improve safety management, risk management and diminish regulatory exposure.