Regulatory radar - issue 34 (April 2011)
This month's Regulatory Radar includes, amongst others, the following interesting publications:
Financial Services Industry - general
- The EC‟s Green paper on Corporate Governance launching a consultation on possible ways forward to improve the corporate governance framework in Europe. The deadline for submitting contributions in response to the consultation is 22 July 2011
- The FSB‟s report on the implementation of the G20 recommendations for strengthening financial stability
- A number of position papers on collective redress.
Credit institutions and investment firms
- The benchmark to be used in the 2011 stress tests
- The FSB‟s background note on “Shadow banking”
Investment products and asset management
- The BIS working paper on Market structures and systemic risks of exchange – traded funds
- The ESMA Discussion paper on policy orientations on possible implementing measures under Article 3 of the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive and ESMA Guidelines on Global Exposure and Structured UCITS.
Insurance, reinsurance and pensions
- The EIOPA report on reporting requirements to supervisory authorities
- The EIOPA report illustrating the work of Task Force on Variable Annuities (TF), set up by CEIOPS in March 2010 with the aim of establishing common EU guidelines for the supervision on insurers selling Variable Annuities (VAs).
- The letter of the Hungarian Presidency of the Council of the European Union and the European Commission to US Tax Authorities inviting them to engage in a dialogue on how to best achieve the objectives of the US Foreign Account Taxcompliance Act (FATCA)
- A number of position papers on the taxation of the financial sector.
We hope you enjoy the reading
The Editorial Board