Tax Authority Audits in Italy
23 January 2013, 1.00 pm CET
Host: Bill Dodwell
Presenters: Luca Bosco, Matteo Costigliolo
As a result of the economic crisis there has been an increase in tax authority audits in Italy, where a tax audit can be conducted either by the tax police or by the tax administration. What do you need to know, and how can your organisation respond to a tax audit? We'll discuss:
- The statute of limitations and procedural matters for tax audits.
- Common areas of challenge affecting cross-borders transactions, including tax residence, permanent establishments and beneficial ownership.
- Transfer pricing and rules on deductibility of management fees.
- Country blacklists costs.
- Settlement options, including appeal processes and litigation.
Gain practical insights into the approach of the tax authorities.